Candles making has become one of the favourite hobbies for many people, especially women. The main reason for this is making candles at home gives the freedom to choose their favourite fragrance, colour and candle containers. It also helps you save money. In spite of spending so much money on the ready-made candles, you could prepare them at home with few ingredients.
What are the essential things for candle preparation?
Mentioned below is the list of things that you need for candle making. Take a look at them!
- Candle Wax
- Fragrance Oil (Your Choice)
- Liquid Colour (Your Choice)
- Candle Containers
- Sauce Pans – Two (One small and one large)
- Water (For heating)
- Heater or Stove
- Chopsticks (to hold the wick above the bottle)
A candle making kit generally includes the important things for candle preparation like candle wax, wick, candle containers, fragrance oil, thermometer and chop sticks. Buying a kit is always better than buying them separately. This helps you save your time and money. If you are planning to buy candle making kits then check Aussie Candle Supplies. They are also famous for their soap making kits as well. You can gift this candle making or soap making kits to your friends on the special occasions if they love DIY activities.
What are the different types of Candle Wax?
Some of the popular types of candle wax are Soy wax, Coconut wax, Paraffin wax, Rapeseed wax, Palm wax, Gel wax and Beeswax. The most commonly used wax ones from them are Soy wax and Paraffin wax. The reason why many people choose Soy wax for their candle’s preparation is it is eco-friendly. Let us discuss about the different types of wax in detail here now.
- Soy Wax: This type of wax is natural and it is very safe to use. The main advantage of using this type of wax is that it holds the fragrance very well. No doubt, it is best choice for making scented candles. Another advantage of soy wax candle is it burns slower when compared to others. Colouring can become a problem when it comes to soy wax.
- Paraffin Wax: It is the most affordable wax when compared to the remaining ones. However, it is not an eco-friendly one. They also burn very quickly.
- Beeswax: Beeswax is also a natural wax. Besides, it is made during the process of honey making. If you are looking for something vegan it may not be the right choice for you. Choose soy wax if you are looking for vegan options. It is also very costly than the other types of wax.
- Rapeseed Wax: If you are looking for the best alternative to soy wax then choose Rapeseed wax. However, it is little expensive when compared to the soy wax.
Prepare the scented candles at home and use them for your prayer or meditation. These candles can sooth your mind in a great way. In fact, they provide a great relaxation to your mind, which helps you stay happy and stress free!